Here’s celebratory news to look forward to in the new year: Queen City Brewers Festival is returning to its traditional “Super Bowl Saturday” date: February 11, 2023.
Since the last time we gathered at the largest-ever QCBF in 2020, its theme and purpose will remain unchanged: to bring the Charlotte region’s craft beverage producers together, celebrate their contributions to the Queen City and serve an organization that helps to improve the quality of life of individuals of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds.
In 2023 the festival returns to life to benefit Project Life Movement; a Charlotte-based non-profit organization that matches healthy stem cell and bone marrow donors to patients in need.
One important notice for QCBF 2023 attendees: this coming year’s festival will be a single daytime session and take place from 1-4 p.m.
The first 250 ticketed will be invited to enter the festival at 12 p.m. for an intimate tasting experience. Tickets are $60, include beer and food sampling and go on sale Thursday, Dec. 1 at 12:01 a.m. Based on the steady pour of incoming inquires, we expect tickets to sell rapidly!
Here is a brief summary of QCBF 2023 details:
- Date: Saturday, Feb. 11, 2023
- Format: One (1) session; 1-4 p.m.; approx. 600 ticket holders; the first 250 ticketed to enter at 12 p.m.
- Venue: Grady Cole Center, 310 N Kings Dr, Charlotte, NC 28204 (adjacent to Memorial Stadium)
- Brewery Participants: 40 +/- breweries with active beverage production in the CLT region (within one hour of Uptown Charlotte); hand-picked restaurant and snack food exhibitors; interactive sponsors
- Beneficiary: Project Life Movement; mission is to match healthy stem cell and bone marrow donors to patients in need
Super brew theme: “Beers for Life”; 6% ABV or below offering (to highlight the six out of 10 people who need this life-saving treatment and are unable to find a suitable match). These new or unique beers will debut at QCBF before they hit the creating brewery’s taproom.
More details to come including official brewery participants, food exhibitors and some very cool wrinkles we are working on to be announced!
Reminder: tickets go on sale Thursday, Dec. 1 at 12:01 a.m.!